I come from an unremarkable background. My parents weren’t rich, they struggled along the way to raise a family and give my sister and me the best education they could afford.
I went to university to study Marine Engineering and a few years later, I graduated with honors. With a never-satisfied curiosity for learning I am ever since constantly striving to realize both personal and professional growth and continually develop new skills.
I have worked and lived in different European, American and African countries. I naturally manage cross-cultural diversity and have developed and refined quite complete and sound leadership and teamwork competencies and skills
I strive to find quality time to advice, assist and support, pro-bono, Social Enterpreneurs to help them develop their projects Value Chain, with the aim to contribute to maximize their social impact and value.
Founded a Cloud software services company focused on helping clients increase sales and margin, optimizing last mile transport and customer engagement.
We design, develop and implement flexible and personalized IT systems to provide Internet merchants, service providers, 3 or 4 PLs, transport operators or public administrations with the required tools to support Last Mile performance improvement.
Acted as CxO, Advisor or Non-Exec Director to several international companies. Some assignments:
CEO of an LED lighting start-up, leading design and implementation of a globally-integrated, tax-efficient organisation spanning multiple jurisdictions.
CEO of an Experts Network start-up, the first specialist Marketplace for Expertise in Spain and LatAm, managing the firm, leading the design, implementation and continuous improvement of a highly sophisticated operational process for expert recruiting and compliance, supported by world-class infrastructures.
Lead Advisor & CEO in a start-up created for the acquisition and revitalisation of a bankrupt European plant manufacturing personal care products.
iBird Last Mile
Founder and CTO
Founded this urban logistics and distribution company providing exclusively e-commerce deliveries.
Consistently achieved 99%+ first attempt deliveries through design, development and implementation of innovative, interactive customer-centric real-time technology generating efficient 360º information to end customers.
Successfully launched the first company in Spain to introduce advanced delivery services, using 100% electric vehicles and use ‘Braking Train-Generated Electricity’.
Investor and CEO
Member of the operational steering committee responsible for all contracting, procurement, operations, logistics and distribution and implementation of shared services in participating companies;
Responsible for all CEO activities in a food service/restaurant start-up business with responsibility for implementing commercial production and achieving profitable trading;
Undertook the role of CRO to stabilize, operationally restructure and sell a Solar Power business franchise (56 franchises, 3 factories and 500 employees).
Supply Chain Director
Engaged to advise and implement European Asset Management operational restructuring and performance improvement programme for this global leader in pallet/container pooling, serving 300,000+ customers in 42 countries through 440+ service centres.
Restructured and streamlined Spain and Portugal asset and field management.
Led the international steering committee, responsible for the implementation of Supply Chain shared services.
Johnson & Johnson EMEA
Supply Chain Director
Completed a number of roles whilst with the firm, detailed as below, earning consistent promotions, alongside completing numerous special assignments for EMEA CEO (1993 – 2002).
2000 – 2002 RoC & Evian-Affinity, Paris – Worldwide Supply Chain Director
- Directed worldwide supply chain, operations and logistics for business franchises in close coordination with Marketing and R&D, including the negotiation of listing and operational conditions with major retailers;
- Provided vision and strategic direction to profitably grow brands, in partnership with other executives;
- Developed and managed aggressive Japan, Korea, and US launch plans, generating sales of €20m, €7m and €30m respectively, supported green-field brand development and launch in France, UK, Ireland and Spain generating sales of €10m and reduced total delivered costs to operating companies by €4m;
- Held P&L accountability for all components of the cost of goods sold line, including manufacturing costs and total distribution expenses in all Director-level assignments.
1999 – 2000 Maidenhead – EMEA Supply Chain Director, Major Restructuring Projects
- Tasked to create consumer product transfer strategy to support the closure of three European plants;
- Maintained control of product development/modification, formula standardisation, total packaging and a regional operational budget of €36m, generating sales of €80m;
- Facilitated manufacturing relocation to China and Germany and enabled annual savings of more than €5m.
1997 – 1999 Düsseldorf – EMEA Supply Chain Director, Feminine Hygiene
- Directed demand management operations and coordinated product supply and customisation, with P&L accountability for total delivered costs;
- Managed €40m budget and strategic direction of supply chain processes and management systems, achieving €2.5m (10%) COGS savings;
- Shortened replenishment lead time by 50% to 15 days, improving on-shelf product availability by 25%.
1992 – 1997 Madrid and Lisbon – Spain Logistics Director/Iberia Supply Chain Director
- Designed and implemented streamlining and restructuring following closure of Portuguese facility and managed transfer of production to Spain, generating €6m of annual cost savings.
1989 – 1992 Madrid – Spain Materials Manager, Consumer & Medical/Professional Products
- Planned and directed sales forecasting, product planning, manufacturing planning/scheduling, implementing a materials cost reduction programme achieving 20% savings in materials.